FRIENDS: Be a friend who listens. Hear what your friends need. Don't talk. Just be there for them and listen.
FAITH: Yesterday at Norval's funeral the Pastor talked about those verses where Jesus talks about how God prepares a room for you in Heaven. I have always loved that image because Heaven is such a hard concept to grasp and Jesus is trying to put it in our terms for us so we can have a tiny understanding of the wonderful place that awaits us. Well, this morning as I turned on my computer, I get a "verse of the day" on my Google homepage. Guess what verse was there?
Yup: John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
No comments:
Post a Comment