I am not really into Valentine's Day. I know that everyone says that, and a lot of people don't mean it, but I really do. You are supposed to love every day and show the people you love that you love them every day. I don't always live up to that standard, but I try . . . usually. So today was really no different than any other Sunday in our house - except Ted ran the Mercedes Half Marathon this morning and left the house at the crack of dawn so I have the daunting task of getting myself and all the kids ready for 8:30 AM Mass, surviving with them all during Mass, and getting them home in one piece - which I did - rather well, if I may say so myself, especially considering the fact that I got a last-minute ticket to see Black Eyed Peas last night (AMAZING, by the way - go if you have the chance) and had a little too much fun.
All that being said, Ted always does something for me on Valentine's Day. He usually sends me flowers at work, which I love. I know that they hike up the prices (he usually doesn't do roses), but flowers are the best. They make me happy. I am the type of girl who buys flowers at Publix just to have some in the house. But this year there was no flowers. He definitely upped the anty (sp?) and got me this amazing necklace from one of my favorite jewelry stores in town. It is a rosary-type necklace with a beautiful green stone on the end. Instead of having Mary on it, however, it has Our Lady of Guadalupe, who is the protector of children. I adore it. It is gorgeous and really different. I wore it all day and got tons of compliments on it. He is the best. Makes the Izod shirt I got him look pretty bad. Oh well. I got him a really funny card!
2.14.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment