They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

2.26.2010

Love-Hate Relationships

I definitely have a love-hate relationship with working out, as I am sure most people do out there. Of course, my crazy friend Angela loves it all, but she is in the vast minority of my friends, I think. I have been using a personal trainer on and off since I had Ward. I started because I wanted to loose baby weight, but then got pregnant with Ann Park and the cycle started all over again. But after Ann Park I was able to lose all the weight and feel good about the way I looked.

Well, I am definitely not there yet after 9 months with my beloved Sam. I am close, but not there. I continued with the trainer after I had Sam, but I had just lost that spark. I dreaded going and then every time I had to write that fat check I was pissed. I mean, it wasn't like the whole workout thing was rocket science. So I decided to quit the trainer and just start back at the YMCA.

I have been doing that for about a month now with mixed results. I have good weeks and bad. One week didn't go at all. But today I went to my first class. I used to love going to exercises classes in law school, but I was in good shape then and knew that I would be able to totally keep up with the teacher and the rest of the class. That is NOT the position I am in today. But I didn't care. It is was a Muscle Works class. And it kicked my butt. Literally. I don't know if I will be able to go down stairs tomorrow we did so many lunges. And while I was hating it while I was doing it, I am loving it now. Love-hate, see?

No comments:

Post a Comment