I am sure that everyone out there hates tax season . . . accountants more so than us common folks, to be sure. All year long I have a file labeled "income taxes" and I diligently place all our receipts and the like in there like a good little girl. And then February comes. And I know that I have to go through it all and get it all organized. And, no, I don't do our taxes. I know that I am a lawyer and I took a course on tax, but that does not make me qualified to do our taxes. I still can't believe that there are people out there who do their own taxes . . . you amaze me. I don't understand it all and I went to 3 years of law school. Congress, that should say something to you people.
But anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah. Dreading putting everything together for our accountant. See, he sends us this big package in January with this long questionnaire that you have to fill out and attach every document imaginable. Some that I know I don't have. Others that Ted has, but never gives me. And, no, Ted does not help with this tax chore. Oh, I am sure that he would if I asked. He might even do it himself. But I handle all the money around here so this kinda landed in my lap. Plus he would procrastinate or not do it the way I would and that would stress me out. So instead I stress myself out by doing it all by myself. Make sense? Well, it does to me. So I will complain about filling it out. I may even be a little bit bitchier to Ted because I have to fill it out. But it will get done. My way. The right way. And I won't worry about it once it is done.
2.11.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with the taxes! David gets all our stuff ready for the accountant like you do and he gets "bitchier" as well when doing it.
ReplyDelete