They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

2.24.2010

Lenten Reflection

Okay so I just realized I have been spelling Lenten incorrectly.  Not a big deal but it just shows how attached I have gotten to spell check and that little red line that appears under a word when Word thinks that I have misspelled it!  But back to the post:

FAMILY:  Pray with your children today.  Talk to them about the meaning and significance of prayer, even if you don't think that they really understand you.
FRIENDS:  Do you know anyone who has a loved one in the military who is deployed?  Send that person a special note today thanking them for what they do for us.  (This is a friends and family one for me since my first cousin's husband is in Afghanistan.  We are sending him a package this week!)
FAITH:  I love this prayer that I found today.  It really hit me this morning.
Dear Lord,
I know you receive what is in my heart.
Let me be inspired by your words
and by the actions of your son, Jesus.
Guide me to make sacrifices this Lent
in the spirit of self-denial
and with greater attention to you
and to those around me.
Help me to believe that you will grant me this
because of the sacrifice Jesus made for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment