FAMILY: Our church is collecting money in baby bottles for "Her Choice" a Catholic crisis pregnancy cetner in Birmingham. I am going to challenge my kids to dig into their piggy banks and to do some chores around the house to fill the baby bottle with money.
FRIENDS: Think of a friend who may be struggling. Call her and ask her if you can bring her a meal this week.
FAITH: Last night at Mass, the Gospel was one of my favorite readings. It is when Jesus goes into the desert and fasts for 40 days and then is tempted by the Devil. With each temptation, Jesus refuses the Devil by quoting the Bible. Father Bob told us that it is always the Gospel reading the first Sunday during Lent. It always challenges me to resist temptation by focusing on the Word. Becuase if I don't know what God thinks about something, how can I adequately resist the Devil??
2.22.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment