Today has been a great day thus far. It is currently 5 til 2:00 in the afternoon and Maggie is down for her afternoon nap. I am going to try to get about 45 minutes rest, but I wanted to updated the blog as I don't know if I will be able to do it tonight.
Last night went really well. She actually slept through the night which I cannot believe. When I told Masha, she gave me a very surprised look and said that it is "completely unheard of." She woke up at 7:00 but I think that dad actually woke her (but don't tell him!). He claims that he heard her waking up, but I don't think that she was fully awake. I didn't really care though since the doctor was coming at 7:30. He checked her out and all was fine. She has what sounds like a chest cold, but he said that the breathing thing that we have heard is from the teething - her lungs are clear, ears are great and throat is clear. Plus, she is not coughing, really.
Another issue that I was really worried about before I got her was her eating. I have heard horror stories about kids not eating anything and especially not drinking anything at all. Again, I have been so lucky, thus far. She is a great eater and has pretty much loved everything I have given her, and although she didn't love the spinach at lunch today, but she still ate it. She also has taken the bottles without a problem so that is good! She also loves Puffs!! She is so pleased when she eats them and claps for herself. It is precious.
After the doctor left this morning dad and I decided to take her on an outing. We walked over the Red Square and I showed dad all the main spots. They have set up an ice rink and what looks like will be some sort of Christmas village in the middle so he could not get the full view, but he loved it. We also went over to the tomb of the unknown soldier which was neat. Maggie loved being in the carrier and was babbling most of the morning. It was precious.
The more time dad and I spent with her this morning, the more and more struck we both were at what a true miracle from God she is. She is so happy and fun-loving (with a little bit of a temper so she will fit right in with the Holts!). She is already adjusted to dad (which is a HUGE deal since she has not been around men at all) and is not crying when I leave the room (but may follow me where I go). We even took her to a crowded lunch spot today, and she was flirting with the other people around her. I am in awe of God's blessings on us right now and it makes me cry in wonder and appreciation for all He has given us. All of the waiting, heartache, etc. was totally worth it. I am overjoyed. Now I just want to come home.
As for tomorrow, Masha presented all our documents to the Embassy today for Maggie's visa, and we got the green light. My appointment is at 11:30 tomorrow and Vlad is picking us up at 10:40. The appointment will take about an hour and it is right during lunch so feeding her should be interesting. Please pray that it all goes well. Once that is done, we are done with everything and will just wait until our flight leaves on Sunday. I cannot wait to get home!!! I am sure that we will find some fun adventures to go on, and I will, of course, be posting.
Here are some pictures from today:
Loves her tongue!
playing with her feet!
At St. Basil's Cathedral - it is about 28 degrees here so we are all bundled up!
Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier





Love love love!! So glad things thus far are going so smoothly!!
ReplyDeleteThis is all so beautiful and amazing. What an a amazing little girl. I know IVF is different but sometimes I just get such an overwhelming feeling looking at Landon and realizing what a miracle it is that she is here with us and you must look at Maggie and feel the same way. These updates are awesome. So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteShe adorable! Love the pictures of her playing with her toes!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that everything is going as planned. She is so adorable cannot wait to get my hands on her. Mom and I were talking yesterday and she said it brings up lots of memories and emotions for her. Praying for safe travels!
ReplyDelete