Dad and I got these huge connecting rooms on the corner of the hotel. When I walked in my room and saw the crib, I almost started crying. I can't believe that this moment is actually here. We have been praying for this for so long and God has placed this little girl on my heart like no other. I know that there is still a long road ahead, but the journey thus far has taught me so much and I know that the Lord has so many wonderful things in store for us all.
So what is the plan, you ask? Good news is that Vlad was able to get her birth certificate today, without me, thanks to the power of attorney Ted and I gave him earlier in the adoption process. So, as Vlad put it when he picked us up -- "You are already a mother of 4." Wow. Officially, she is ours. No one can take her away. Praise the Lord.
With that step done, we will meet Vlad at 8:40 tomorrow morning (Tuesday, November 27) and go straight to the orphanage. I have all her clothes picked out and will bring everything that she needs. I also have bags of gifts for the orphanage children, orphanage workers, orphanage doctor (who matched us with Maggie) and the orphanage director. Once I walk out of there with her for once and for all, we will head to get her passport - her Russian passport. She is a Russian citizen and will be one until the plane lands on US soil.
I have so many more words running through my head but I am exhausted and hungry. I slept about 4 hours total in the past 36 hours and needs to eat and head to bed. I promise lots of pictures, video and explanation tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment