They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

11.01.2012

Boo!

Halloween was crazy, as usual, in the Holt household.  Our neighborhood turns into a mob scene - thanks to the band that sets up across the street and the fact that everyone knows that our neighborhood celeb, Sara Evans, will sing at some point during the night.  This year was no different.  The somewhat good part about this year, however, was that we did not have our usual party at our house where I am entertaining (and feeding) about 5 other couples as well as their kids.  That made my life a TON less stressful.

We decided against our typical party this year for a couple of reasons: (1) Halloween was in the middle of the week and (2) our yard is not complete and is a total mud pit (the main reason).  The landscaping is almost done (sod goes in tomorrow!!) so we had the landscapers fence off everything except for a pathway to the front door.  That did not stop the over 500 trick-or-treaters that we had visit the house however.  They started at 4:35, right after the parade in Crestline village and we ran out of the approximately 500 pieces of candy I had purchased at about 7:45.  And we only allowed one piece of candy per visitor.  We did have some "repeat customers" but I am sure that we had close to 500 kids (and some adults which I still find VERY strange - why do some parents also have a bag and collect candy?).

Sara Evans did not disappoint.  She is really great and the kids love her.  Her son always plays the drums for a couple of songs and she sings.  Her daughter and her friends also make up a little dance to an "of the moment" song and she sings it.  This year it was "Call Me Maybe" (of course).  It was really cute.

I did not do a very good job of documenting the night, but I did get some pictures of the kids in their costumes.  Enjoy!

An Indian spirit warrior, Batman, and a Batwitch

Batwitch and Batman

having a little fun!

Batman!!!

Batwitch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment