It was a nasty day in Moscow. The total snowfall for the past two days was almost two feet and then today it warmed up enough to turn into slush. Dirty, yucky slush. And to add to that slush there was some nice freezing rain. It was just gorgeous! But dad and I ventured out anyway since I was going completely stir-crazy.
But let me back up a little bit. Last night went really well. Maggie slept through the night and I actually had to wake her up at 7:15 this morning. Of course that was great for Maggie but I was still up at 3:00. At least I went to bed at 9:00 and got about 6 hours of sleep. I still look like a train-wreck, however, and am very ready to get back home!
After I woke her up this morning, we had breakfast and played at the hotel for a couple of hours. Although the weather was the pits, we still decided to go ahead with our plan. We walked the 20 minutes over to Red Square and went to the mall to thaw out. I did not wear my long johns and literally had ice crystals on my jeans. Maggie was nice and warm besides her cheeks since she was in the baby carrier under my jacket. We burned some time in the mall and then headed to St. Basil's Cathedral. Ted and I did not go inside on either of our two trips and I so wish that Ted got to see it. The Cathedral is truly amazing - one of the coolest places that I have ever been. We toured the Cathedral for about 45 minutes or so and then headed to lunch at a pizza place that Ted and I discovered on our first trip to Moscow. Maggie was starving too and we all had a great lunch.
After lunch we headed back to the hotel and Maggie immediately went down for her nap without a peep. She was exhausted from all the touring! I hung out in dad's room and watched a movie that I had downloaded from iTunes while dad got a massage! I tried to take a nap but I am just enough adjusted to this time that it wasn't going to work. I had to wake Maggie up from her nap at 4:00 and we played around the hotel until dinner time. Dad and I went back to our favorite spot about a block from the hotel. I was wearing the wrong shoes and stepped in a huge puddle and was soaked through and through. Dad was sweet enough to go back and get my correct boots so that made dinner much better.
I am now back at the hotel and have been visiting with two other families who have also adopted. One family is the one I have spent time with most of the week from Jacksonville and today a new family from Texas came in. They actually adopted from Vladivostok and through the same agency that we were using when we never got a child. I am definitely going to have to look into that one when I get home. . . .
But for now I think that I am going to call it a day and head to bed. Ambien is definitely in my future. Hopefully I can get a better night's sleep tonight. One more day!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're almost there!! Can't wait until Maggie is officially a US citizen!
ReplyDelete