Have you heard about the "Face in Space" thing that NASA is doing? Here is a blurb that describes it:
Fly Your Face in Space
NASA wants to put a picture of you on one of the two remaining space shuttle missions and launch it into orbit. To launch your face into space and become a part of history, just follow these steps:
First...Select the Participate button at the bottom of this page and upload your image/name, which will be flown aboard the space shuttle. Don't have a picture to upload? No problem, just skip the image upload and we will fly your name only on your selected mission!
Next...Print and save the confirmation page with your flight information.
Later...Return to this site after the landing to print your Flight Certificate - a commemorative certificate signed by the Mission Commander. You can also check on mission status, view mission photographs, link to various NASA educational resources and follow the commander and crew on Twitter or Facebook.
http://faceinspace.nasa.gov/
I saw it on the news last night and stated talking to Ward about it this morning and he wants his face in space! He is really into anything that has to do with science (particularly animals), but was fascinated by the prospect of putting his picture in space. He didn't totally understand the concept (he thought that I personally knew someone going up in space and wanted to meet them), but I think that it is a good learning tool. I am going to use it to talk about hte planet, etc. with him and Ann Park. I am always looking for fun ways to teach them things and get them interested in topics other than Spongebob and Alvin and the Chipmunks!
6.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment