I am usually not one of those moms who brags about their kids. Well, at least I try not to be. But today I was really proud of Ward. As most of you know, he is my cautious child. He needs a little peer pressure. He has been able to swim for the past two summers, but his confidence is well, let's just say he needs to work on his confidence ans he screams "you're too far, get closer mommy" when I am 5 steps away from the steps (and he can touch). But not today. After Ward's gold lesson (yes, golf! It is called the "Tiny Tour" and it is ages 5-6) I braved the heat and my three kids and took them all to the pool ALONE. It all started out as I thought it would - hectic, chaotic, you know, a pain in my @ss.
I am trying to get Sam into his swim diaper, he is rolling over, almost falling off the pool chair, etc. and I hear:
ANN PARK: Mommy, I want to swim to you . . . mommy I want to swim to you . . . mommy I want to swim ot you . . . (you get the point)
ME: I have to get your brother in his bathingsuit baby girl. I will be there as soon as I can.
ANN PARK: But mommy, hurry up . . . I want to swim to you.
ME: Why don't you get in and practice swimming to the wall? (as Sam manages to get his hand on my bathing suit and I flash at least two teenage boys)
ANN PARK: Noooooooo . . .
(And then I realize that I haven't heard a word from Ward since we applied sunscreen)
ME: Ann Park, where is Ward?
ANN PARK: I dunno
(I look around to see him on the diving board)
WARD: Watch me mommy!
ME: Okay!
(And Ward jumps in and swims to the side - somewhat of a panic swim by the end, but he makes it).
ME: That was great Ward!
(Ward continues to jump off the divind board for the next 10-15 minutes as Ann Park gets her way and swims to me as I hold Sam and try not to let him crawl out of my arms and drown).
Oh yeah, later he did the twisty slide about 20 times all by himself too. Proud mama.
6.17.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment