Not really vent, but to get something off my chest (ha!) and say that I am soooooo nervous for Monday because I am having my first mammogram. It makes my stomach turn a little bit just to type it. To be honest, I should have gotten one last year when I was 35. I basically came up with a bunch of excuses why I could just wait - because breast cancer has never been in my family, "they" used to recommend that you get your first one at 40 (now they say 35), etc. But I know that I need to do it. I feel like I hear that someone has breast cancer way too often. And one of my friends (whose mom, aunt and grandmother have ALL had breast cancer) just found out that she had "the gene" and just had a double mastectomy. Seriously. Breast cancer is not a joking matter and I know it.
So I am going to have my breast touched by a stranger/nurse and smooshed until they are pancakes by a machine. No, I am not looking forward to it AT ALL. But I know that it could save my life. And looking at the faces of my four children husband, I know that it is worth it.
Yikes! Good luck! And this means I probably need to have one since we are the same age. I should probably get a general doctor so I can arrange these kind of things. Oh boy.
ReplyDelete