Aside from the money, which is very real, there is also the added time. Added time that our daughter will be in the orphanage and not in our arms. Added time that her little brain and little heart don't have to be with us and added time for me to fret. And fret I will.
We don't have many answers as this decision JUST came down from Russia, but here is an excerpt from my agency to explain:
The new year 2012 has brought about some unfortunate changes for adoption in Russia.
We have gotten word and confirmation . . . that Russia is now requiring a 30 day wait from the time you go to court (2nd trip), until the judge signs the final court ruling. So, families have the option of staying in country (if the specific region will allow it) or come home and return to Russia for a 3rd trip to pick up your child. Because this is just being required, we are unsure of the exact number of days in country on trips 2 and 3. We are all hoping for 1 week in country for the court trip (trip 2) and about 10 days for the 3rd trip. I will let you know as soon as I have a confirmed schedule for the process.
This is very unfortunate, as it adds extra travel fees to your adoption budget and more vacation time needed for travel.
Unfortunate is definitely an understatement, but as Jeanne said in her text to me tonight, "praying for patience and clarity in God's timing and plan." Please, yes. I need all the prayers I can get.
As a anxious person, I would be very upset about this. I get my schedule straight in my mind and then something like this? I would be a mess. But know that we are here. Know that we can help. Know that it will happen. And it will be wonderful to have her home! God bless you in this journey!
ReplyDeleteOh don't think that I haven't shed some tears . . . I have. But I am not going to let it get me down. I know that this is the work of the Devil for sure and God is in control and He knows who our daughter is. I am confident in that. I just felt like such a huge blow today after we had been on such a positive path as of late.
ReplyDelete