They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

2.17.2012

Waiting is the hardest part

So we had such good news on Monday that now I am a little down.  Weird, I know.  I know I should be so thankful to be first in line and excited about all to come -- don't get me wrong, I am.  BUT this week has been terribly long - even though I knew that we would not hear anything this week and maybe not even next week but my hopes are really high.  They shoudn't be because that is like the kiss of death with adoptions, I have learned.  But I can't help it - I guess it is just human nature.  Knowing that we are so close but that we still haven't even seen her face is such a weird position to be in.

In other things (but of course adoption related), Ward checked out the sound track from Tarzan from the library on Wednesday.  Random choice, but he was really excited about it so we popped it in when we got in the car.  Oh and then I started crying.  Bawling actually.  To Phil Collins.  Yes, pathetic, I know.  But I think that I have found the song I am gonna put all my adoptions pictures to and make a video for everyone.  Here's Phil's video from Tarzan.  Listen to the words.  Although they are not all perfect, it captures so much of my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment