Ted and I have almost completed our homestudy update. In fact, he is at the police station right now getting his pollice learance form updated (long story but they are making him appear in person to do this, even though I had a signed consent form, and even though he did not have to appear in person last time - go figure). We will then wait to hear from our social worker as she also has to do an update and write another report. I am not sure if our friends have mailed thier updated letters, but I am sure that my agency will let me know if they don't do it.
As far as me, and my sanity, I am doing okay. Really, I am. I know that I have absolutely no control over what is happening in Russia and/or when we will meet our little girl. And, at least for now, I am okay with it. I have realized that being upset and frustrated by the whole thing really does me no good, and in fact does me a disservice. When I let my emotions take over, I am not a very good wife, mother or friend. Instead, I am only looking inward and being extremely selfish. I know that, at times, this is okay, but I can't live like this. So I am just living day to day and, to be honest, just trying not to think about it. Not sure if that is a good coping strategy but it is working for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment