So we got some clarification today on the new rules in Russia. Yes, we still have to make three trips, but some of what I heard today made things a little bit easier.
1. The second trip will be 7-8 days (as opposed to the three weeks we were looking at). Ted and I will both go on this second trip and we will have our court hearing, as we would have before. Once the Judge says okay to us, then the thirty day waiting period begins and we will come home.
2. The third trip will also be about a week. And as soon as we get there and the Judge signs the papers, we can have our little girl with us for the rest of the trip.
3. A courier will have to take the papers to the US Embassy in Moscow and get everything settled out there. We are already approved and our paperwork is just waiting on us whenever we get there. This all has to be done before we can travel home to the USA.
4. Ted does not have to go on the third trip with me. My dad and I will go together and Ted will stay at home with the kids. I will have to get a power of attorney for Ted but that is not a big deal . That Ted can stay at home is a good thing because with the new trip and the new waiting period, it is probably going to be August or September before this third trip happens . . . and that is if there are no more stumbling blocks down the road . . . what a huge IF that is. The kids will be back in school and I know that Ted would be so stressed to leave work for a third time. Of course I know that he wants to be there every step of the way (and I want him to be there), but it will give me some comfort knowing that he is at home with the kids and I know that my dad can handle anything once we get over to Russia.
All in all, I am trying to look on the positive side of this new development. I know that it is going to make it longer until we can bring her home, but I am trusting that it is for a reason - one that I will probably never understand, but for some reason. I am also thankful that I will not have to be away from Ward, Ann Park and Sam for three weeks straight. That was going to kill me, but I knew that it would go quickly and all would be forgotten when I returned. So although the three trips means more time, more money, and two more very long travel days, it also means less time away from home. So that is good.
2.09.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment