They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

6.25.2012

State Champs!

Last weekend my tennis team went to the USTA state tennis tournament.  There were a total of ten teams in our league representing cities from all over the state and after a weekend of play our team made it to the finals.  I re-injured my ankle on the first day of play and didn't think that I was going to be able to play the rest of the weekend.  I spent a lot of time scoping out the other teams and helping with strategy.  I made the call on Sunday that I was okay to play and our incredible coach had faith in me and put me in at first court singles.  I played my heart out and won 6-3, 6-3!  It was a great feeling to be able to contribute in the end to a hard-fouhgt victory.  Two of our team members had to leave on Saturday (including our captain), but here we are right after the win:


Because we won state, we now move on to Regionals.  We represent Alabama and play the other winners from Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.  It is at the end of July.  I am not sure if I am going to be able to join them because of our adoption, but I will definitely be there in spirit if I can't be there in person!

Oh yeah, and we each got a glass trophy and bag tag for the win.  The kids loved the fact that I got a trophy and thought it was so funny that it was so small.  It is kinda dorky, but I have it on my desk at home in the kitchen.  It makes me smile just to look at it.  And as far as the bag tag, those are COVETED in the tennis world!

No comments:

Post a Comment