They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

6.11.2012

Soft spot

I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I've got a soft spot for musicals.  So last night the Tony Awards was on my list and it did not disappoint.  I know that I have at least a couple of friends of the musical out there - come on Shay, I'm talking about you, as well as some others.  Here is a recap of some of my favorite performances . .  Sit back, relax and enjoy (or don't and miss out on some good stuff!)

The opening song from Neil Patrick Harris was priceless. He should host the Oscars.

These were up for Best Musical:

Newsies (an old Disney classic) is just 100% classic Broadway. The dancing is amazing in this.
I've gotta see it!

Leap of Faith - you know that anything with gospel singers is gonna be good.


Nice Work if You Can Get It - with Matthew Broderick.  It would be awesome to see him on Broadway.


And finally, Once. I'll go ahead and let you know that it won. The guy singing also won best actor in a leading role in a musical which was huge for him. I love this movie and the music from it - such a good love story. I don't think that they played the best song last night, but who am I to judge?  There are definitely some amazing musicians in this show.
 

Oh yeah, and Annie is coming back to Broadway in October.  I'm gonna have to think of a way to get Ann Park up there to see that one.  We'll be practicing batting her eyelids at daddy . . . better yet, at Papa!!

2 comments:

  1. Tripp would love Annie! Maybe papa would let the cousins meet up in NYC! David is always talking too about all the fun kid things to do up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC girls trip for 40th bday! If Jersey Boys comes to Bham, GO! It is so good.

    ReplyDelete