- Ward lost his first tooth yesterday. It is actually his second tooth to lose, since he had an upper one pulled when he was 4 by the dentist because of an injury, but this was the real first one to lose on his own. (RAMDOM THOUGHT: Does anyone else have to think about loose v. lose like I do?) It is on the bottom, right below the upper one that is gone so he has a huge hole there. He was over at a neighbor's house playing in the hose and wiggling his tooth, as he has for the past couple of days. He showed the 8 year old boy his loose tooth, and he told Ward that it was bleeding. The mom, a friend of mine from high school, went inside to get a paper towel for him and next thing Ward knows, she has pulled his tooth right out! (Ward said "Mom she was really tricky, but it didn't hurt!") She later told me that she loves to pull teeth and I can send him down anytime! Good to know since I can't even look at a loose tooth without making my stomach turn. The tooth fairy even came last night . . . $5 was left. I told Ted and I didn't realize that tooth were going for that much these days. He assured me that it was a first tooth only $5 and the rest are worth $1.
- I am chugging along on my diet and encouraged. Weight Watchers really works, I am here to tell you. I lost a pound and a half last week and think that I have lost at least that much this week. Slow and steady wins the race, I keep telling myself. No starving myself here. And this is without much exercise since some of the swelling has returned in my ankle. My physical therapist thinks that I just started back too swiftly (i.e. I overdid it because I was so excited about being able to exercise), but says that if I just slow down and be patient she thinks that it will still heal without surgery.
- I took a GIGANTIC step, which I have to say sounds sort-of selfish, at work. I decided to keep the same number of hours per week (20), but to cut back to 3 days a week so I can join the tennis team. I really wanted a social outlet and the fact that I get to exercise and hang out with my friends at the same time makes it even better. Plus it will be nice to have a little competition in my life. I am starting on the lowest level team and hopefully can work my way up. Practices start in about 3 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed that my ankle holds up!
- Finally, and maybe, the biggest news of all, we are finally going to add onto our house! With the newest addition to the Holt family coming in the spring, and the real need for Ted to have an office in our house that is not located in the playroom, we decided to go for it. As most of you know, we bought the lot next to our house about 3 years ago and have had a great, huge yard. But we are going to add on a screen porch with a fireplace and a master suite downstairs. I am so excited! Meeting with the architects on Tuesday so more details to come.
7.27.2011
Happenings
A few updates on the Holt household ----
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So excited about yall's house addition!!!
ReplyDelete