I don't think that I have updated the blog since my latest visit to my orthopedic doctor. I walked in thinking that I was headed for the knife, and left with a great surprise! Like me, he was very impressed with the progress I am making at physical therapy. I have very little swelling anymore and the pain is almost nonexistent that this point. So we decided that I would do 4 more weeks of physical therapy, including the cortisone patch that I have come to love (although it hurts!). The best news is that I can begin physical activity again to see if the results hold up when I am doing my normal stuff.
I have tried to start back exercising, but I am so out of shape. I am also scared that anything I do I am going to hurt my ankle and ruin all the progress that I have made. As soon as it starts burning, I always stop and do not seem to know whether I need to push through it or if I am just making it worse. I have decided to do the "Couch to 5K" running program and go very slow to see how it holds up. A friend of mine at work is going to do it with me so I will have a buddy. I'll keep you posted!
7.25.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah! Got to start somewhere, and just remember if it starts hurting, then stop...
ReplyDelete