If anyone is watching the weather right now it is BAD in Alabama. Tornados took out a large part of Tuscaloosa, very close to where Ted lived while in law school. And we watched it all live on a tower caera. Very scary. We are praying for our cousins in Tuscaloosa and hope that they are safe. Although we hav tried to get in touch with them, they are not answering their cells, presumably because all the cell towers are on the ground at this point. The devastation is widespread. I pray no one was killed.
And as I type we are under our staircase, our "safe place." I am thanking God for iPads right now. Although the kids are a little nervious (except for Sam who has no clue), they are having fun watching "Despicable Me" and "camping out" under the stairs. Ted is periodically going out to watch the TV and check the radar (love me some J.P Dice!). Thank goodness we have not lost power. Grandmom has not had power all day and I doubt she will for the next few days. It looks like the worst of the storm is going to track north of us, but it is the real deal. Over 200 mile per hour winds. I am nervous. And requesting a bottle of wine. No telling how long we will be in here. Again, thank God for iPads. Oh, and the next thing we are adding to our house is a generator. We have had too many scary storms this month not to get one.
4.27.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment