So for those of you who don't see me often, I have been in a boot for over a week now. Boot as in this:
Thank goodness I am in the smaller of the two but it is still a HUGE pain in my rear. Long story short, I have an old ankle injury in one of my tendons from my cheerleading days. I have started doing this ballet-type exercise classes (see here) which I absolutely LOVE, but apparently my ankle does not love it all that much. I rolled the ankle in class (thank goodness I did not fall) and continued the class even though it hurt. I went home and iced it and all seemed well. So I went to another class the next day and the next. Then my ankle got really big and was really sore. I went to a sports medicine doctor that Ted goes to all the time and she gave me a little brace and said to stay off it for a week. I did as the doctor ordered, but the swelling did not subside so that is why I am in the boot. I go back on Monday and am praying that she will just prescribe me some physical therapy and I can get un-booted.
4.13.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment