They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

3.15.2011

Gossip

No one likes gossip.  Well, I think that I should rephrase that statement.  No one likes gossip that is about them.  That statement is even more true when the gossip is NOT TRUE. 

I got a little upset last night at dinner over some gossip and my blood is still boiling a little bit.  We met up with a couple of families who are in town this week (it is spring break week here so most people are out of town) for dinner last night.  This is not our usual group so there were people who we don't see very often.  One of the wives was asking me about Ward and his school.  (For those of you who don't know, Ted and I send Ward to Catholic school at our church instead of the public school right by our house where everyone goes).  She said that she was in carpool line the other day and "someone" told her that I was very unhappy with Ward's school.  I think that my mouth dropped to the floor, and I know that I got a little defensive.  I LOVE Ward's school.  I would not change where he is for the world.  The academics are great and the spiritual learning is wonderful as well.  I am so happy with our choice (even if I was a bit hesistant at first since I knew nothing about it).  Ann Park will start there in the fall.  So I set her straight and let her know that she had been given some wrong information.

But the thing that made me so mad was that I have tried so hard to tell everyone in our community how happy we are with our choice.  Yes, that choice makes us different from everyone around us (I think that we are one of only a couple of famililes in the entire school that are from Mountain Brook), and I have people ask me weekly why in the world Ward doesn't go to Crestline when he could throw a baseball from our yard to the playfield at the school.  And I have a great answer - because we feel called by God to educate our children in the Catholic school.  He is praying daily - multiple times.  He is hearing God's Word each day.  He is learning about the stories in the Bible.  And he is soaking it in.  Much more so than he could in church and an hour of Sunday school.  And I am thankful for that.  Not to mention he has a fantastic teacher who I would not trade for the world.

Last night I was so shocked (and a little mad) that I did not ask her who told her that we were "so unhappy" at Saint Francis.  I almost called her last night when we got home and asked, but Ted stopped me.  A part of me really wants to confront (not in a negative way) whoever it was and let her know that we are really happy where we are.  After all, why would we continue to pay for a school and put our next child in that school if we weren't happy?  Ted says that the next time I see this girl to casually ask her who gave her the incorrect information.  I am not sure what to do, but I know I don't want to hear it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment