They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

3.13.2011

Fasting

I know that I said that the fasting part of Lent is probably the easiest, but I am wondering what everyone is "giving up" this year for Lent.  Ted is giving up alcohol which is pretty major.  I begged him to give up drinking while I was pregnant with the kids and the answer was always a resounding no.  I have given up Facebook - which is a major vice for me - as well as meat.  Meat may seem pretty weird to give up but for me it is just a reminder of the sacrifice.  I love me some red meat - steak, hamburgers and the like.  And I think that I cook chicken for 3/4 of my meals each week night.  So I am going to have to get pretty creative.  No fish sticks here.  And on Easter Sunday, I am ordering a steak.  And a double for Ted.

What are you giving up?

No comments:

Post a Comment