They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

1.13.2011

Snow day . . . or should I say ice?

On Sunday night and early Monday morning, the ice and some snow hit Birmingham.  I was so thankful that we didn't lose power.  It made the whole experience so much better.  All I could think about was the storm in 1992 when we didn't have power for days and I was so frozen to the core of my body.  Thank goodness mom and dad now have a maxed-out generator.  I think that I woud have walked to their house if need-be.

But back to 2011.  The kids had the best time.  It wasn't unbearbly cold, mainly because it wasn't very windy, so the kids could really enjoy what little snow we got.  I think that their favorite part by far was sledding.  The sleds were trashed (literally) by the end of the day, but were so much fun!  The ice was so slick, they could really get going, even with a small incline.

playing on the sleds in our yard

Sam was all bundled up and ready to play!

Two of my three boys!

so fun!!!

catching snowflakes on her tongue

Love it that Sam is trying to run away . . . .



Silly face!

And then we moved over to my parent's house where the driveway provided hours worth of fun!



Ava Canterbury was with us for most of the day and she had a great time as well.  (Her parents were in Arizona for the Auburn game.)

Action shot!

Ward loved it and ended in the bushes each time!

going backwards!


Great smile!


I know that this is blurry, but I love how you can see the pure joy on her face!

the group of sledders

take two (thanks for making both picutres so cute, Ann Park!)

No comments:

Post a Comment