They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

8.09.2010

Good intentions

So I totally meant to write this fabulous post all about our week at the lake with the Tuscaloosa Holts and post all my wonderful pictures.  But, as I am sure you have noticed, I didn't get around to it.  Instead, we had a great weekend of swimming, playing "house", lemonade stands, going to Ann Park's 4K class, and watching Sam struggle to walk.  (He is a LATE bloomer at almost 15 months!)  Ann Park also informed me that she has a boyfriend, whom she wants to marry and kiss.  Great. 

On another note, this week is a BIG week in the Holt household.  Ward starts kindergarten on Wednesday.  I can hardly believe it.  I feel like those long days and nights of the NICU were only a short time ago.  Five years goes by so fast!  He is still my angel and always will be.  No offense to my other kids as I love them dearly, but there is really something special between a mom and her first born.  He will always be the one who I had all my firsts with.  I promise to document the occassion as Ted is going to be out of town for work and will miss the first day . . . uniform and all.  (Most of you know that we are sending him to Catholic school as opposed to public, right?)  I am sure that I will shed a tear or two, but I will never let him see it.  I want him to have quiet confidence as he walks into that school on Wednesday.  It really is the first day of the rest of his life.  I was thinking that once you start school, you are in school for at least 17 more years.  And I have 20 more with law school included in there!

Here is a little walk down memory lane (using pictures from my work computer so I don't have a ton!). . .

Summer 07


October 07


March 08


Summer 08


Fall 08




Age 4 - Fall 2009


Summer 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment