They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

8.26.2010

Another Holt boy

I took Sam to his 15 month well-baby appointment yesterday at the pediatrician.  He is in a "I don't do strangers" stage (i.e. he screams bloody murder whenever a stranger gets near him) so it was not so nice with the nurse trying to get his length, head circumference and weight.  He was grabbing onto me for dear life, like I was abandoning him at some truck stop.  All of my kids have gone through this stage, but Sam seems to be going a little stronger than the other two.  Let's just hope that doesn't mean that his laid-back personality is changing into a more type A one.  (On that front, he is a right in the middle of Ward and Ann Park - Ward is cool and calm, while Ann Park is more like her mama, high strung!)

But back to the pediatrician.  Everything looks great.  He is walking, standing from a sitting position, picking things up from the ground from a standing position, has at least 3-6 words (even some that others can understand), etc.  The funny thing was his numbers.  He weighed 21 pounds 2 ounces and was almost 31 inches.  Apparently that puts him in the 10th percentile for weight and the 30th for height.  The pediatrician, who is a friend of mine, says, "I am not worried that he is dropping off his chart a little bit, I mean he is a Holt . . . I mean a Holt boy."  That totally cracked me up because Ward has been small since his days in the NICU and Ann Park has never been little.  Don't get me wrong - she is not fat by any means.  In fact, she is pretty damn near perfect and has stayed in the 50% range her entire life.   She, my friends, in body and personality is an Upchurch.  Lucky girl.  I joke that at least mama can teach her how to dress her curves!  Let's just hope that I can keep up with her sense of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment