They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

4.28.2010

Warning: Depressing Post

I don't have much to say today.  In fact, I am tired, a little down, and just not in a good mood overall.  Granted, I have nothing to be sad about.  Sure, a man that I adore has brain cancer, but he did amazingly well in his surgery on Monday, and although I haven't seen him yet, is said to be "back to his old self."  I still have a hole in my heart about the whole situation, but I am giving it up to the doctors and to God.  It is all that I can do right now.

I am also dreading tomorrow.  I have a full day, very little of which I am excited about.  First, I work half the day, which actually is the bright spot in everything.  Then I pick the kids up from school (well, just Ward as a friend takes Ann Park to gymnastics), and will head straight to the gym for a little ass-kicking (mine).  At 2:15 I have to be across town at the high school to pick up Ann Park and her friend from gymnastics, and get them both home.  Then I have the pleasure of taking Ann Park to the Birmingham Civic Center Concert Hall for her dress rehearsal for her ballet/tap performance which is this weekend.  She is supposed to be there at 3:30, hair and make-up done.  Of course when I told her about this tonight before bed she flatly says "I don't want to go.  I want to stop doing that dancing."  Umm, great.  Gonna be a fun one.  But back to my day.  The dress rehearsal ends at 5:30 and then I get to rush home, shower, and head out to a W&L dinner for accepted students - which starts at 6, but I will definitely not get there until 7, at the earliest since I will not have showered after getting my ass kicked by my trainer at the gym.  Oh and Ted is going to be in Miami this whole time.  Can you say jealous?

Now that I have re-read this post, I realize that it is quite depressing.  I just need to go to bed.  The sooner I start the day tomorrow, the sooner it will be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment