They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

4.25.2010

Random Thoughts

While waiting on Ted to get back from the bike shop, so I can go running (with Sam in the BOB, but I am telling myself it just makes for a tougher workout, right Angela?), I thought that I would let you in on some of my random thougths from the day:

1.  I am making dinner for a friend down the street who had a baby and decided to make chocolate chip cookies.  I made two batches since I knew that my family would eat at least half of them before I could get them down Dexter.  Well, the ones on the bottom rack of the oven cooked just perfectly, but the ones on the top are a gooey mess.  I even put them back in for a couple of minutes longer, and they looked just perfect on the top, but they are still gooey.  And they look awful! Thank goodness my family isn't complaining because these are NOT going to the other family.  I mean, even I didn't think that I could mess up pre-slived cookies!

2.  The fighting at my house is OUT OF CONTROL.  Ward and Ann Park are like a cat and a dog who haven't been socialized together.  They are constantly picking at each other and trying to start a fight. And the worst thing is since they are so close, they know EXACTLY how to push each other's buttons.  I would rather deal with a tantrum than this crap.  It is exhausting.  I finally just put on a movie and made them sit and watch it.  Thank God it is the weekend and I can use the TV crutch - yes, that is what it is in my house!  I am just enjoying the quiet.

3.  Why is it that you can go to Target with a short list and come out with a cart full of crap that you never intended on buying.  I can't get out of that place without spending $100 - $150.  Today it was all stuff that we needed (and I did get most of my staple groceries for the week), but I looked down and the cart looked like it had exploded.  I also got two CUTE cotton throw-on sundresses for $18.  Proud of those two purchses.

4.  How can I shed so much hair and still have so much on my head?  Ever since I made the mistake of cutting all my hair off in law school (and again right before I found out I was pregnant with Ann Park), I have been growing my hair out and it is very long.  It is a bit high school long, but I love it and don't plan on cutting it short any time soon.  But I shed . . . a lot.  I clean out my brush twice a week.  And it is full.  And I find my hair eveywhere.  On my clothes, in Sam's mouth, on the floor in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc.  Not that I am complaining, but it is a bit disgusting.

Okay, Ted is back.  Off to change clothes and run.  It is 80, but I am not complaining.  After all the rain yesterday I am still a bit stir crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I spent way too much money in Target today too! I had to stop myself from getting Zach some converses in every color. And yes - the Bob is tougher so that makes you tougher.

    ReplyDelete