They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

4.22.2010

Sad to Mad

So I had a great time in Nashville with my law school friends.  They are wonderful as ever and it was like time hadn't passed - only we all have VERY different lives than we did in law school, at least one kid each (and one on the way), and live all over the east coast.  But you know that you are good friends when you can catch up without really even having to say anything.

And Boston was a blast as well.  Ted ran very well . . . not as fast as in other races, but considering the double stress fracture, boot, other injuries, and just lack of "miles" (as he calls it), his 3:15 looks pretty impressive to me.  Hell, it is impressive, period.  His time qualifies him again for next year, but I think that he has it out of his system.  Or should I say, he has Boston out of his system.  He now has his eyes set on New York.  But I think that he will wait a couple of years for that one.  Here's hoping.

But back to the title of this post.  As many of you know, we have had some devastating news in our little community.  A very good friend of the family has been diagnosed with a brain tumor and it is malignant (sp?).  The statistics on this type of cancer are daunting and have put me and everyone close to this family in tears.   However, although I am still very sad, I am also mad.  It is NOT FAIR.  I know that life isn't fair and that cancer does not discriminate.  Why do such horrible things happen to such wonderful people?  That question keeps on coming up in my head.  And of course I know that there is not an answer.  I also know that God is in control and that this is part of his story for reasons that I may never understand.

His battle has just begun and even if the outcome is not one we want, he has won in my book.  If I know him, he will fight this with all he has . . . and be an inspiration to those around him.  My prayers are with him and his family.  They are fighters.  They are believers.  They are strong.  I just pray that I can be that for them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment