I am so looking forward to my next 5 days. I am leaving in the morning for Nashville for a quick weekend with my closest friends (sans one) from law school. Unfortunately, one will be missing becuase of some trial she has on Monday which totally stinks since we planned this almost 6 months ago. I can't wait to spend time with them and just laugh. They always make me laugh and it makes me smile just thinking about how much fun I will have with them and how quickly the time will pass until I have to get back on the plane . . . for Boston!
On Sunday morning I fly from Nashville to Boston for Ted's 2nd running of the Boston Marathon. I missed out last year when Ted did so well because I was on bed-rest with Sam. My sweet Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom watched him throughout the race and would call me with updates. He did amazingly well, better than I even think he believed he would do. He has been plagued with injuries this training season so I pray that he is happy with his time. I am proud of him whatever the result.
Then, after the marathon, we are having dinner with parts of my family and I am SO EXCITED. Aunt Kathy has planned a fun dinner with Sam (who is in Harvard medical school) (and maybe girlfriend?), Katherine and Jacob, and Kate (who is also running the marathon). I also hope that Uncle Tak is joining us, but I don't know his status as of yet. I just love being with family, especially the ones that I never see.
So, anticipation is what I am feeling right now. I still need to pack and going from 80 degree weather in Birmingham, to 70s in Nashville, and then a high of 55 in Boston. I have put up all my winter clothes so I have to dig them back out. I guess 55 is spring for Boston, but not here! That is fully winter according to this Alabama girl!
4.15.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment