Yes, with the last week of school (and the last week of Ann Park at SFX but that is another post), things have been crazy this week, but I am actually talking about the week ahead. The six of us (plus Ted's incredible niece who just finished her junior year at Auburn) are headed to the beach on Saturday. It will be a crazy week with a lot of firsts . . . Maggie's first time to swim in a pool, her first time to touch warm sand, and her first time to see the ocean. I am convinced that she is going to LOVE IT ALL. She has such an adventuresome and fearless spirit that I know she is going to be in heaven. I hope that I will be able to capture her facial expressions and maybe, just maybe, get some video of these new experiences for her. It will also be fun for Sam because hte last time he was at the beach he had just turned two and really doesn't remember it. We stuck around home all last summer, hoping to get the call to go to Russia, and didn't plan a beach trip.
This one is going to be great. We have rented a house in the Rosemary Beach area and I am excited to just play with my kids. They are each at such a great stage and I want to enjoy it all because I know that so soon it will be gone. I am happy that Ted's niece is coming so that Ted and I will be able to have some time to ourselves as well - maybe just a dinner or two but that is all we need. Sometimes you just need to get away to reconnect, you know?
When we get back, we will be taking Ward to Alpine Camp. He is going for a month (26 days actually) and I am excited for him. Of course I will miss him, but being a camper myself I know how much fun he will have. And it will do him wonders to get out of Birmingham and onto Lookout Mountain! Of course all that means that I have to have his trunk (mostly) packed before we leave for the beach on Saturday. I have started, but still have a ways to go!
5.23.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment