They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

12.19.2012

On Maggie's First Birthday

Maggie is one today.  When I look at her petite frame I can hardly believe it.  I still marvel at this wonderful gift that God has given us and how blessed we already are by her addition to our family.  However, my thoughts all day today were on Maggie's birth mother.  What was she feeling today?  Was she thinking about Maggie and wondering where she was?  Was she remembering the delivery?  Did she even see Maggie before she wrote the statement that gave her up for adoption?  So many questions were running through my head all day.

But my prayer is that she is comforted by the Ultimate Comforter that her baby girl is with a family who loves her more than life.  A family that will take care of her and lead her on the right path.  A family who will always do what's best for her - even when she doesn't know it or appreciate it!  (That's what good parents do, right?)   We don't know much about Maggie's birth mother, but I pray for her salvation and protection.  She brought life to Maggie and for that I am forever grateful.  When I look at Maggie, I know deep in my heart that she was always meant for our family.  There is not one ounce of doubt in that.  But I know that it took a great sacrifice on the part of a woman whom I will most likely never meet.  I will always pray for her and will continue to praise God for the choice she made that cold December morning in Moscow, Russia on December 19, 2011.

Happy Birthday Maggie!!!


1 comment: