Sorry that I have not posted anything since we have been back. To say that I am exhausted would be a huge understatement. We are still living in a complete jet-lagged state and Maggie has her days and nights mixed up since Moscow is 10 hours ahead. Sleep is hard to come by right now, but I am trying to nap here and there when I have a moment! (One of the main reasons I have not been on the computer!)
Maggie is doing really great at her new home. She is still a bit overwhelmed but I think that she is handling everything great. Ward, Ann Park and Sam are overjoyed by her presence - but it is kinda like having a new puppy. I am sure that the novelty will wear off soon. I am trying to spend one-on-one time with each one of them when I can as I know that will help with the adjustment for them.
We went to the International Adoption Clinic today and met with the social worker and doctors there. Maggie is looking great and doing great, but we already knew that. We were there for about 4 hours and the visit was supposed to end with all the blood work - to verify vaccines and to check for other things like iron deficiencies, etc. They tried and tried and tried to find a vein (i.e. they poked and poked and poked her with a needle) and could not get anything. They think it is because we are so close to coming home and her nutrition and hydration is not up to par yet. So we have to go back and try again in a couple of weeks. No fun. But all in all it was a very good visit.
I have some great pictures of Maggie with her siblings that I will post when I have another moment. For now I want to try to get a nap before Ward and Ann Park get home from school. Please forgive my lack of communication! I promise to improve!!
12.05.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment