They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

11.28.2011

WARNING: a little depressing

So if the Monday after Thanksgiving wasn't depressing enough (think: a fabulous time with your husband, kids, parents, sisters, nieces and nephews at an amazing location otherwise known as Grey Rocks Ranch), it had to be cold, rainy and downright dreary in Birmingham today.  It actually started raining Saturday night late and I don't think that it has stopped yet.  Just sums up my mood I guess.  {sigh}

But I do hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving and weekend.  I hope that it was time of laughter, love and reflection.  As we went around the Thanksgiving table the overall theme of thankfulness was for each other - for the gifts we all have been so freely given, the ability to use them to our full potential, and for our health.  I am always humbled when I really sit fown and reflect on all I have been given and the enormous respnsibility that comes with it. 

Noticably absent for me throughout the week and weekend, however, was our little girl in Russia.  I could not stop thinking about her and how much I wished I could go and bring her to be with us.  I pray that she will be with us next Thanksgiving (and if she is not you might want to chek me into a local nut house as I am sure that I will be a basketcase).  What a difference it will be for her (and for us) the next time around!  She is already such a part of my life through my thoughts and prayers and I feel a sense of loss that we still don't know her face, her name, her smile, her smells, her tears . . . .  her everything.   But I am remaining failthful and am trying to be comforted in the knowledge that God is in control and this too will pass.  She will be in my arms longer than I am waiting for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment