They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

11.02.2011

Halloween Rant

I don't know what it is about Halloween that parents think that they can just let their kids run all over the neighborhood wild without thinking twice about it.  Let me give you some examples:

1.  At around 3:30, I was preparing my house for the onslaught of people and I see this kid using the rails on the front porch of my house like a jungle gym.  Definitely not safe.  I would never let my kids hang on my own house like that, let alone someone else's house.  I have no idea who this kid is, but I go outside and tell him politely to get down.  He looks at me and continues on his merry way, climbing all over the place.  I finally yell loud enough to get his mother's attention (she is standing like 35 yards away in MY YARD by the way) and she tells him to get down.  He obeys her (thankfully), but then goes running off and she doesn't even look back.  By the way, the kids was no older than 6.

2.  Whie it is still daylight outside, there are a number of kids in our side yard (we will start construction soon, praise God).  That is where the playset is and there are some parents hanging out at the other end of the yard.  Again, I do not know most of the kids (none are mine) and I definitely don't know the parents.  This would all be okay, if they were not using the top of the playset, where the swings hang from, as a balance beam.  Parents are just standing there - not saying anything, and really not looking out after their kids.  I am thinking broken neck which would most definitely lead to a lawsuit.  I get them down. Parents say nothing.

3.  But probably the worst part was the trash.  It was everywhere.  And I am not talking about just candy wrapper trash.  That I expect.  Instead, I am talking about the 7 diet coke cans I picked up from my yard, the 5 beer cans (two of which were full), the 6 coozies, two pairs of socks, a dish towel (still not sure about this one), and I can't even count the number of costume accessories that I found.  I threw away an entire garbage bag full of trash.  And most of the trash was from ADULTS. 

What is is about Halloween??

Okay, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment