We finally got some good news on the adoption front and things are chugging along. A while ago I reported that our homestudy was complete, but that ended up not being correct. I was so upset about the whole thing that I could not bring myself to write about it or I would end up in tears or just plain mad. Long story short, our homsetudy was supposed to be back to our agency from the social worker in March, but it didn't happen until last week for a lot of different reasons (which really don't matter in the long run). The waiting was very frustrating (esp. because our documents that are in the homstudy can get "old" and have to be re-done through no fault of ours) but I am trying ot trust and find comfort in the knowledge that our little girl isn't ready for us yet. The waiting will be worth it, I keep telling myself.
But now the homstudy is in the hands of our agency and they are trucking along. Out of all the documents (hundreds, literally) there was only one small mistake and we have already fixed it. Hopefully they will all head to the Secretary of State at the beginning of next week to be apostilled. (What is that you ask? Apparently a notary isn't enough for foreign countries and all the documents going to Russia have to have an apostille from the Alabama Secretary of State.) At the same time, the documents are going to be sent to Russia to have them translated. That will take about a month and then we wait to find out what region we are assigned. Then more waiting.
Small steps. But steps nonetheless.
6.08.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment