Anyone who has seen me knows that I am still in the boot. And I am OVER IT. I mean, it has been since March 24th people. And although things got better for the first two weeks, it is still super swollen and it is not getting any better. As I told you in a post a while back, my current doctor is in the "wait and see" mode. That is real easy for her to say. She is not the one in this hot, stinky, not to mention heavy boot. And she is not the one who is unable to exercise and gaining weight by the minute (started a diet AGAIN by the way. I am just not good at stickng with them. I need to exercise, like yesterday!).
So I called a friend of mine whose husband is an orthopedic surgeon. It is so nice to finally have friends who are doctors and married to doctors so I don't have to call my parents friends any more. I talked to her and he is seeing me this afternoon. I even went and got a copy of my MRI that I had a couple of weeks ago. I certainly did not want to call my current doctor - not ready for that conversation ("um, I am losing faith in your diagnosis"). The group was happy to give me a copy and my report. I will let you know what he says!! Hopefully it is something along the lines of "you don't need that boot anymore." Fingers crossed.
5.09.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment