If you have talked to me in the last couple of days, you have probably heard me ranting and raving about celebrities. In, where are they? This state is devastated in ways we have never seen - in ways that we might never know. I just heard that people are finding body parts under the rubble. One person found a human heart. The implications of this is, obviously, that the storm blew people apart, literally, and tossed parts of their bodies all over Alabama and some even into Georgia.
The stories I am hearing and reading are heart-wrenching. I have cried every day since the tornados looking at pictures and videos. I want to help, and have helped in my own small way. But what about the big guns? Charlie Sheen, the laughing stock of Hollywood, got his butt down here. Where is Courtney Cox (she went to my high school)? What about those Alabama football and basketball stars? Shaun Alexander, Robert Horry, I am talking about you. Even Charles Barclay. You might have gone to Auburn, but there were people killed less than 30 miles away from Auburn's campus too. I mean, come on guys. Step up.
I was so happy to see this article this morning, however. You can always count on the country music stars. CMT is getting a group of them together for a tornado relief benefit concert. It might not be your kind of music, but at least they are doing something. Thank you - Hank Williams, Jr., Alabama, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Sara Evans (who lives less than a block from me, by the way) and others - thank you for putting your star power to good use. And for caring.
5.05.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment