The update is that there is really nothing to report. Early last week, before the tornados, I got in touch with our adoption agency for an update. Our social worker told me mid-March that she planned on having our finalized home study to them by the end of the month, so I was inquiring about whether they had received it. Long story short, our social worker had some medical issues and had not completed our home study. This, of course, is very frustrating on our part since we have been so diligent and quick at getting everything ready up til that point. Now we are depending on others to get things done and we have to go on their time.
So when I called the adoption agency last week they told me that she had promised the completed home study by the end of the week. But then the tornados hit on Wednesday. And our social worker lives in Tuscaloosa, one of the hardest hit areas in the state. And I have heard nothing.
I really want to call, but I feel like I am being insensitive. What if she was hurt? What if she had family killed? What if all our documents were sucked up in the tornado. That possibility makes me want to vomit. More when I know more. For now, we wait - an all too common theme with adoption.
5.06.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment