They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

5.05.2011

Cinco de Mayo


Cinco de Mayo in my book = great Mexican food.  And who doesn't love Mexican food?  I don't think that i know a single person who doesn't (well, I am lying.  My nanny, from Africa, is not a huge fan, but generally, it is true.)  In my book, it is THE BEST.  I mean, as soon as you sit down, they bring you hot, salty chips with salsa and ask if you want cheese dip.  Um, yes please.  And don't even get me started on my love for margaritas.  I could go on and on (and gain at least 10 pounds - but they would be a happy 10 pounds).

On my way to work today I saw our local , favorite Mexican restaurant setting up for the big day.  They are on the corner of a one-way street, with our village clock tower right out in front of the reastaurant.  They close off the corner and have an outdoor party.  I am not sure what time it starts, but by the looks of things last year, some people came for lunch and never left.  It is s kid-friendly event, which is nice, and I think that we will stroll up and check it out.  Last year it was so packed that we couldn't even get a beer, but maybe I will sneak up there before Ted gets home and have a margarita.  I mean, it only happens one day a year and someone has to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment