They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

12.13.2010

My big boy

I still can't believe that Ward is six today.  Six years old.  It seems just like yesterday that I was laying in the bed at St. Vincent's Hospital (and had been there for over a week), waiting on Dr. Christine to get home from adopting her child in Russia to see what she was going to do with me.  For those who don't remember, I had extremely high blood pressure with all three kids, but it caught everyone by surprise with my pregnancy with Ward!  So five weeks before his due date, God blessed us with the most precious baby I had ever seen.  I was so scared and could not believe that such a miracle had been created inside of me.  He was so tiny and precious and perfect and he was part me, part Ted.  4 pounds, 12 ounces of pure perfection.

A little while after birth - before he went to the NICU for about 3 weeks




Before I knew it, we were having his first birthday party!  Of course the first party is always more of a party for the parents than the kids, but we all had fun.  (Sam really resembles Ward, huh!)


And then onto his second birthday - a cookie decorating party.  He especially loved that one.  Amazing how much they grow up between ages 1 and 2.


When he turned three, I could see him outgrowing the toddler baby fat (not that he ever had any fat!) and gorwing into a little boy.  We had this party at the zoo, one of his all-time favorite places to play.


For this 4th birthday, we had his party a little early - over Thankgiving.  All the Holts were down at Grey Rocks for Thanksgiving and Ward and his first cousin, John Benton, had a party down on the farm!  I will never forget the cold rain of that day, but the kids had the best time, complete with a scavenger hunt!



When he turned 5, we had a party at Mountain Brook Gymnastics.  All the kids ran around and had the best time ever.  I think that everyone took a nap after that party!


And now, he is 6.  At some moments, I see someone much older.  I look at him in some ways and I can see the man he will become.  God has given me such a great opportunity to make that man someone incredible.  And I am trying.  Thanks to all those who are helping!


I love you Ward!  You will always be my first baby and I will always have a special place in my heart just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment