DISCLAIMER: I am about to get on my soapbox.
I am so irritated at the school systems (and hence, our Early Learning Center which I love dearly). The weathermen here got everyone all riled up over what? NOTHING. A few little snowflakes falling from the sky and a couple of icy spots. But what did the weathermen say? Stay at home. There will be 1-2, but possibly even up to 4 inches in some spots. So before it even starts snowing, on Wednesday afternoon, all the schools around here decide to cancel school for THursday. Cancel. They don't even wait to see if the predictions (yes, predictions, they are not for-sure things people) come true. Instead, they decide that it is just going to be too dangerous for the buses to run, and parents and teachers to come to school. But of course us adults out there who depend on our schools for child care, our offices weren't even thinking about being closed. So all of us had to take the day off over NOTHING. And not that I don't love my kids and all, I do, really, but we just got off of Christmas break. I just think that those teachers needed another day off. DOn't even get me started about the schools that were closed today. Yes, it is cold. BIG DEAL.
Okay, done. My blood is still boiling though (I had to wait a day to write this pose because I was scared of where I would take it).
1.08.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment