As most of you know, Ted's mom spent the night with us Christmas eve night which made Christmas morning all the more special. Grandmom slept in Ann Park's room, and Ward and Ann Park slept together. We had gotten home late from Cher Cher and Papa's house, but I was certain that they would be up at the crack of dawn. Turned out that they actually got up at 6:30, which wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. Mean momma (me) made them cuddle upstairs in our bed until 7:00. Ward was very concerned that Santa had not come because when he peaked downstairs he could not see any toys. I assured him that Santa had come and just placed the toys where he couldn't see them!
Ted went downstairs first and was positioned to take pictures when we walked down the stairs:
And this is what they saw:
As you can imagine, they were a bit overwhelmed but had a great time playing with all their toys. We got Sam up a little later than normal and slowly showed him what Santa brought . . .
Ward and Ann Park also had a great time playing with their toys. I think that the biggest hit for Ward was a pirate ship (that took about 1 hour to put together - Ted says that he should have gotten a merit badge after he got it all put together). Ann Park loved all her stuff as well, but the remote-controlled Barbie Corvette was a huge hit as well as all the princess/dress-up things. Of course, their biggest present is something that they don't quite understand at this point, but will LOVE when we get there - DISNEY! I know, I am insane, but every kid should experience Disney. And I think that their ages are perfect because they still believe in magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment