Six months home . . . that's a third of her life. Hard to believe when I think about it that way. I barely see the girl I see in the pictures from when we were with her at the orphanage and those first few weeks. Her eyes have so much more life than they did in those days and that smile and laugh . . . they are heart-warming and infectious.
In the depths of my heart I know that God always intended her to be in our family. She is rambunctious, stubborn, crazy, loving, sweet and tender all in one. She loves to do everything that the other kids are doing and has begun copying their every move. At the beach, she loved going to the splash pad with Sam and doing every single thing that he would do. He has had the hardest time adjusting to life with her around (and can be too rough) but watching her imitate him is so dear and again, shows me how God placed her right where He knew she was always meant to be. Sam is turning into a great big brother and I love watching their relationship grow each and every day. Here they are at the splash pad one afternoon:
She still is struggling with talking, but seems to get new words every day. I really don't think that she is too far behind her peers at this point, though. I am sure that she is going to have a breakthrough soon and start really talking more. She understands everything we say and even with words that she can't quite say yet, her eyes light up when we ask her to say them and she acts like she really wants to (like Cher Cher and Grandmom). It is truly amazing to think that 6 months ago she had barely even heard a word of English (only from the 2 visits from me and Ted) and now she understands and is communicating. God is truly so good!!
Here are the words that she uses on a daily basis - in no particular order. I am sure that I have forgotten some, but you get the drift:
1. Hiiiiiiiii! (which she screams to everyone from the stroller)
2. Dada
3. Mommy
4. Papa
5. Dog
6. Thank you
7. Up
8. No
9. Ward (Wa)
10. AP (for Ann Park)
11. All done
12. Eye
13. Nose
14. AHHHH (for mouth)
15. Nana (for Banana)
16. Ni - ni (for night night)
17. Nack (for snack)
18. Mao (for more)
19. Bye-bye
These four kiddos have my heart . . . and I know that they will never let it go!!!
6.02.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love reading about everyone! Thank you for updating often! They are too cute! I like the new picture... now new a catchy name for the blog.... after a week at the beach with them I am sure you have ideas!
ReplyDeleteLove y'all!