They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

6.09.2013

First Weekend at the Lake

This weekend we went to the lake . . . Maggie's first trip.  If I was worried how she would react to the water or the change in scenery, I should not have been.  She LOVES the water and is a natural in it.  We decided to try a puddle jumper, even though she is technically too small for it.  It was the BEST DECISION we made.  She LOVED it, could swim by herself and even learned how to kick!  She can't move too fast but loved being where she could not touch and I loved seeing her so happy.I think that we will have many more fun weekends down there.









We also had some fun at the pool with Ted's underwater camera!  We can't get enough of it!  I love watching Ann Park and her strokes!  Her first swim meet is on Tuesday so she has been practicing!!






I really missed Ward this weekend (one week down, three to go!).  It just didn't seem the same without him.  It is interesting to see how the family dynamic changes without him here.  There were some great pictures of him on the Alpine website, though, so that made me happy.  I was hoping for a letter when we got back, but no such luck.  I actually think that it is a good sign that the letter writing has slowed down, though.  I think that it means that he is getting into the rhythms of camp and not missing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment