Ward has been at Camp Alpine (www.alpinecamp.com) since June 1. It would be an understatement to say that I have been missing him. Yes, the days have passed quickly because of our busy schedules around here, but the whole dynamic in the house is different without him. Different isn't good or bad, it is just different. Ann Park has really risen into her role as "the oldest" while he has been gone and it has been good to see her take the lead, where she usually looks to Ward for that. She has been a great helper with Maggie too.
But I just want my Ward back. I know that he is having such a great time at camp. I imagine the friendships that he is forming and know that he is growing in ways that he would never do at home. He has great role models all around him through his counselors and I know that he is taking it all in. Plus, all the activities - way more fun than he will have back at home!!
All that being said, it is time for him to come home. June 26th is the date and I am sure that I will be up at the crack of dawn to drive the 2 hours to Alpine's gates. I just hope I don't embarrass him by the amount of hugs I give him!!!
6.20.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment