They keep us running . . .

They keep us running . . .

12.14.2012

Mom to an 8 year old

I can't believe that I am actually the mother of an 8 year old.  Eight?  How in the world could he be eight?  I mean, I am still 27 right?  In all seriousness, I could not be any more blessed by this little 8 year old than I am.  Yes, we have our moments, we all do, but when I see into Ward's heart, I see the beginnings of a man that I know will make a great husband and father.  I see a little boy who loves Jesus and tries to do the right thing (most of the time).  I see a little boy who is giving and kind and even shares his brand new birthday toys with his 3 year old brother.  I see a little boy who loves the outdoors and everything in it - frogs, lizards, birds and bugs, just to name a few.  I also see a little boy who loves to climb trees and discover the world around him.  A little boy with a gigantic imagination who is always coming up with fun new games and creative ways to entertain the neighborhood who always ends up in our yard.  Most of all, I see a little boy who I love with my whole heart - more than I love myself.  I don't know how that can be but God knew what he was doing when he gave me Ward as my first-born.  He may not be perfect, and may have his challenges, but I wouldn't trade him or anything about him for the world.  I love you buddy!

with his little turtle he caught this summer at the lake

(with his requested birthday cookies - he is his father's son!!)

2 comments:

  1. Love all the updates. Happy Birthday Ward! Aunt Claire loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did tear up reading this entry on Ward........everything you said is so true. He is a precious boy in all ways.......so loving and fun and caring. He is my first grandchild and that in itself makes him very special to me. What a gift. Thank you dear Lord for this beautiful child. Cher Cher

    ReplyDelete