The other driver from the Moscow team, Maks, picked us up at the airport. In true Moscow style, the traffic was really bad at first - closer to the airport - but it picked up once we got away from the airport and malls. Maks said that a lot of Russians shop on the weekends and Ted remembered that there were some bad merging areas near those malls as well. After we were past that area it was smooth going. I was still amazed at how no one (including Maks) worried at all about the traffic lanes and thought nothing about driving in between lanes or on the side of the road. I can't decide if all the crazy driving actually makes the traffic worse or not.
Once we got to the hotel, we were able to go straight to our room which is right next door to the room we had last visit. We unpacked and took about an hour nap. Ted had to drag me out of bed to go downstairs to eat a light, late lunch. We then decided to walk around Red Square to pass some time. It is pretty cold (mid 40s) but I borrowed a great coat so I wasn't that cold, other than my ears. Ted did not pack as well for the weather and I think that he was colder than I was, but he would never complain. Now we are back at the hotel and are going to shower and head to our favorite restaurant for dinner. I am not hungry at all, but will force myself to eat just so I can get back to the bed, take an Ambien and sleep!!!
It is very strange being back here. It kinda feels like deja vu since we have done this all before. Of course tomorrow will be another story. Vlad is picking us up at 10:30 (yea! we can sleep late) and I think that the medicals take about 3-4 hours. Then we get to go see Maggie. That is what I am waiting for!! Makes it all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment